Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drive-In Burgers!!!

Hey Cuties!

Aloha from Topeka, Kansas! Not the same ring as from Hawaii, huh? I've still been having fun, even though I'm in the heart of the Midwest:)

Even though I commented that I would be getting up Tuesday morning to do a leg workout from P90X, I slept in:) THIS morning though, I got my lazy butt out of bed to do my workout, except my phone died in the middle of the night and I woke up a half hour late-oops! I still got a decent leg/ab workout in:


For lunch, we went to the famous Bobo's of Topeka, a drive-in burger joint that was featured on Diners, Drive-In and Dives.



I have to tell you folks, I can't remember the last time I had a burger and fries! I'm fairly healthy when I go out to eat, but I thought if I'm gonna do a drive-in burger joint, I better do it right! I unfortunately didn't watch the above video until after I ate there, but if I watched it, I would have ordered onion rings instead of french fries and some apple pie!


I got a Spanish burger with fries-let me tell you, it didn't disappoint!!!! The burger was definitely homemade, it came out fast, the joint was super cute, and the staff was friendly!

My lunch partners: Nichole, me, Margaret and Joe

Guy Fieri signed this light bulb when he was here-cool!

For dinner, we went to eat at The Office in downtown Topeka, across from the capitol. This is a dueling piano bar, which I'm TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH, but unforunately they don't have music playing except for Friday and Saturday. They DO have live dueling pianos tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day so we'll be sure to hit that up! Right next door is the Celtric Fox-an Irish pub! Score for bar hoping that is close!!!


When we got back to the hotel, Joe didn't have any green to wear tomorrow, and we saw a table with green beads in the basement of the hotel. We ventured down and apparently there was a KS democratic social going on in an inclusive bar. Joe is a pretty charismatic guy and walked right up to a representative and said, "Hi, I'm Joe from _____ County, Kansas." And we got right in, with free GREEN beer!!! A day early at that! So we mingled with the democratic party and got free beer-you can't beat that;)



It was a pretty fun day;) B is actually coming up tomorrow and we'll be celebrating St. Patrick's Day together! I LOVEEEE St. Patty's Day! I usually take the day off from work but since I can't get out of this training, I'm trying to make the best of it! The problem is, my big test to continue my job is Friday morning at 8 am. So I have to try to behave Thursday night;) We'll see.....

What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day? What's your favorite holiday (besides Christmas)? What do you usually do for St. Patty's Day? Do you like green beer? What would you order at a drive-in burger joint if you had the chance?

2 comments:

  1. I love dueling piano bars! There is a great one in Chicago called Howl at the Moon--it's always a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Diners Dives and Drive-ins! My hubby and I watch it all the time :) And it's so cool when he features something near by so that we can go eat something ridiculously delicious (But that doesn't happen that often ;)

    ReplyDelete