I hope your Saturday has been going great! We ended our garage sale this morning and we made some bank! That will be going straight to our savings account to save up for our super fun vaca this summer!
We've narrowed the options down to a few:
An all-inclusive resort in Cancun.
A Mexican cruise!
I've never done either-so I'm pumped for both options! I've always wanted to go on a cruise though, and some other people in our group haven't been on a cruise either, so we're all pushing for that one!
B turns 30 the end of July, so we're planning on that time to go on a vacation! That means four months to save money and get in shape to be beach ready! Here are my vacation goals:
1. Save over $100 each month by cutting back a little (especially "socializing") to go towards the vacation.
2. That also means to NOT take out of our debt snowball to pay for the vacation. We are currently paying over twice as much on my car to get it paid by July. I really don't want to push that back if possible. Plus, a vacation in July would be the perfect celebration for paying off my car;)
3. Workout at least 5 times a week up until the vaca. This is my all-time goal anyway, but I also want to be more diligent about getting a stretching/flexible workout in, like yoga, once a week. I workout a lot, so a stretching and lengthening workout once a week would really do my body good! My patience is what I need to work on when it comes to these slow and steady workouts!
4. Be more in control of what I eat. This means to stop caving to temptations and limit my alcohol consumption. After my grandma's funeral with a non-stop food buffet for 3 days and then 7 days away from home with only restaurant food to eat, my eating habits have gone by the wayside! I definitely need to get back on track and start watching what I eat more! I'm allowing myself a small cheat Friday and/or Saturday nights; whether that means eating out with the hubby or drinking at the bar, I don't want to deprive myself which will lead up to a "I-don't-care-binge" (I know myself....).
5. One weekend a month I will not drink AT ALL! That was this weekend for me! Although we had people over last night to watch the KU basketball game, I had Diet Sprite! B and I are definitely socializers and we are getting together with friends every weekend, which usually means having some beer! I know drinking is horrible for my overall fitness goals, but instead of cutting it completely out (which doesn't work with my lifestyle-I've tried!) I have started drinking Bud 55 but I will also go one weekend a month giving my body a break of alcohol.
So those are my vaca goals through July! I want you to hold me to them!! March has really been challenging for me and I can tell in my body and stress level! So I'm hoping with these set goals in mind, I can have a clear vision of me in a bathing suit sitting on a tropical beach somewhere-looking HOT;)
Do you have any current goals you are working towards?
After the garage sale today, B headed back to his hometown to hang out with some friends, so I decided to go shopping!! I was on the hunt for a new dress for my cousin's wedding next weekend where I'm the personal attendant and also a reader during the wedding. I saw a maxi dress that caught my eye right away, but I never thought I was the maxi dress type. It's funny, because I had a conversation about maxi dresses at the garage sale with my mother-in-law and a friend and I said "I'm sure maxi dresses wouldn't look good on me." But it was so gorgeous so I decided to try it on-SURPRISE-it was beautiful! And I actually had to buy a small (I'm usually a medium or large) because the only place it "fits" is in the bust, and I'm definitely a small up there;)
I bought the cardi at Target. You'll be able to see it ON me once I post pics from the wedding next weekend because I don't think the picture does it justice. And after I bought it, I remembered her colors are purple, ivory and green! Perfect! Now I can't wait to wear it;)
I also bought some new peanut butter I've heard about from other bloggers, but have never been able to find...until now (Wal-Mart)!
Peanut Butter & Co is all natural PB but it comes in really fun flavors, like the two I bought: Dark Chocolate Dreams and White Chocolate Wonderful. This PB is the no-stir type (no heavy oil that sits on top) and is super creamy and easy to spread. I dug into it as soon as I got home and it was HEAVEN! Oh YUMMM!! And for this having chocolate in it, the stats are really impressive! I compared PB & Co with some regular PB I had at home and it has 20 less calories (170 vs. 190), 2 less fat grams (13 vs. 15) and most impressively 95 less sodium mg (35 vs 130)! You must try this! It's way to good to pass up!! PS: Dark Chocolate was my favorite!
I'm off to color my hair (trying to get back to my natural medium brown so I don't have to color it so often!) and maybe watching a movie with my PB while B is away! I hope you all have a great Saturday evening! Talk with you tomorrow!
Desserted Tip of the Day: Did you know that having something to look forward to (like a vacation!) can give you happy endorphines and make you MORE productive at work? Just knowing you will be vacationing soon can you give a little pep in your step because you know you are working towards something.
What's on your calendar that you are looking forward to? Which vacation listed above would you choose? Have you done either of them and can you give me advice? Have you tried PB & Co peanut butter and what's your verdict?