Friday, February 4, 2011

Productively Lazy Friday

Good Evening!

Hope your Friday has been superb! I had a productively lazy Friday-is that an oxymoron? I like to think NOT!

The day started off with my normal work, but because of some comp time, I got off at 3. I had planned to go workout and run some errands, but for some reason the week caught up with me and I was TIRED! So I thought, NAP TIME!!!


I could live in this bed-seriously! I loooovveee my bed and my favorite time of day is when I can crawl back into it! WOW-that makes my life sound pretty uneventful;)

After I woke up, I ate some crackers and cheese and headed out to pick up my friend Vanessa and we headed to watch my hubby's bball game. And the rest of my night was spent baking and beautifying!

Baking was modifying a coconut macaroon recipe from Mara at her What's for Dinner blog. I didn't even actually mean to modify the recipe, it just happened. After mixing up half of the recipe, I realized I only had 1/2 a bag of coconut. Well, it calls for 2 bags of coconut-oops! I'm notoriously bad at reading recipes! I was going to half the recipe anyway, but I still needed something in place of some of that coconut I was missing...hmmmm, I finally decided on original Fiber One cereal. This cereal is magical! It can be used in so many different things (oatmeal, bread crumb coating, haystack cookies, cereal). I threw it in, hoping for the best.


Sorry for the shadow!

The mixture was really crumbly so I was worried they wouldn't "hold" together.

Out of the oven!


They are a tad delicate, but they held together just fine. Oh goodness! Kids, these are DIVINE! Really! I lowered the calories without taking any taste away! If you haven't had Fiber One cereal before, it's slightly sweet and of course, adds a little crunch to this cookie (plus fiber!).



Coconut Haystacks
(adapted from What's for Dinner)

1/2 of a 14 oz bag of sweetened coconut
2 cups of Fiber One cereal-Original
2 T. fat free sour cream
1/4 cup of egg whites (or egg beaters)
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of Splenda
1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
1 T. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 325*F. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, sugars, vanilla, flour and baking powder together and mix until well-combined and fairly creamy. Put the coconut and cereal in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sour cream and salt, and mix well. Pour the sugar and egg mixture over the coconut and mix well (when all the coconut and cereal is coated with the egg/sugar mixture.) Scoop onto a sprayed baking sheet in the desired size (I used 1 heaping teaspoon and made 24 cookies). The cookies will not spread. Bake 12-15 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and the bottoms are lightly caramelized. Allow to completely cool.
Yield 24 cookies at 2 PointsPlus each
****
After cookie making, I dyed my hair "pecan," whatever that means;)
Pretty!


After blogging, I plan on chilaxing with the hubs (they won the bball game;)!
What is the best bad for eats that you ever "made over?" Do you dye your hair at home or do it professionaly? What's your current hair color and your real hair color? I have mousey brown hair color in real life, and I usually dye it slightly red or dark brown-I'm going a little lighter this time!

1 comment:

  1. I love "make over" recipes! My fav to do, and it is quick...Banana muffins. We go through a lot of bananas but sometimes they get over ripe and so I whip up some muffins that my kids LOVE! I sub. the butter with unsweetend applesauce, Sub. the sugar with splenda, use half all purpose flour and the other half with whole wheat (for extra fiber)...the rest as the recipe says and they are very moist and delicious! I do this with alot of cookies or baked goods. I color my own hair too. I don't have the time or money to go to the salon very often....speaking of, I need to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete