Saturday, January 15, 2011

Acorn Squash is Eaten!

Hey Friends!

How has your Saturday been? I woke up to teach a Killer Core and Zumba class....


We spent the rest of the day painting. All the trim is done plus one accent wall. Hubs will be rolling the walls all day tomorrow;) Then DONE....hopefully!

My "ravenous Friday" has rolled into a never-full Saturday! My cravings are out of control and I can't seem to get satisfied with anything I eat! Ugh, this is really cutting into my good eating diet! I did cave and have some whole wheat crackers (a lot!)....then came some mini chocolate chips, right from the bag! I'm still counting it all in my weekly Weight Watchers points! Hopefully I'm not ruining all my good effort!

For supper, I had this to deal with:



An acorn squash I bought about 2 weeks ago has been staring at me to EAT IT! I love squash, and acorn squash is velvety and buttery and oh, so yummy! Unfortunately, roasting it takes over an hour in the oven and that doesn't make a fast weeknight meal. So today was it's day to get dolled up!



Squash itself is 0 points-SCORE! I added lowfat butter (1/2 T. each), 1 T. of brown sugar in each, and drizzled each side with some sugar free syrup. I roasted them in the oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour. Make sure to put a small layer of water at the bottom of the pan! It comes out like this:



Everything is melted, it's slightly browned, and super soft-like maple sugar pumpkin pie filling! And, it holds its own dipping sauce! This is enough for 4 people, but you can bet I ate a whole half by myself! I would have had the other half it weren't for those dang crackers and chocolate chips;) Each half is 3 Pointsplus.

Tonight B and I are going to an 80's party with an 80's cover band! FUUUNNNNN! I found an awesome sports jacket with big shoulder pads! And B's going for the tennis country club look with tube socks! You can bet there will be some good pictures on here tomorrow;)

Do you have any other ideas on how to prepare a squash? Roasting is my go-to way, but I'd love to experiment with other preparations!

Desserted Tip of the Day: Did you know that gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian are not diets, but lifestyle choices? You won't lose weight by choosing one of these. It's a health, religion or personal choice.

1 comment:

  1. I love acorn squash! I do mine a bit more savory!
    Roasted Acorn Squash with Turkey Rice stuffing. Let me know if you want the recipe. Delish!!

    ReplyDelete