Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fab Thursday Eats

Hola, Chickas!

Happy Thursday! I had some fab meals and a FAB workout so all-in-all, it was a FaBoosh Thursday;)

First, the meals:

Ok, this doesn't look like much...in fact, it might conjure up bad thoughts of baby diapers and such...but once you put it in your mouth, you will jump with joy and sing a happy song! SERIOUSLY!!:)

This is a Hungry Girl recipe that I have adapted to make EVEN BETTER!

Choco-Nutty Oatmeal
1/3 c. of regular oats (not instant)
1 packets (or 2 T.) diet hot cocoa mix (around 25 calories)
2 T. PB2 (dry)
Cinnamon, Splenda and salt to taste

Mix cocoa mix, cinnamon, splenda and salt in a bowl with 1/3 c. of hot water. Stir to dissolve. Add a 1/3 c. of cold water. (Use a 1/4 c of each of these water measurements if you like a dryer, chunkier oatmeal). Stir in PB2 (you can use regular peanut butter for more calories/points). Stir in oatmeal. Nuke for 2 1/2 minutes.
You can even add a 1/2 of a banana in this recipe for some more nutrients (or omit the PB for the banana, but who wants to do that!?!?!). 5 PointsPlus

This is like dessert for breakfast! In fact, sometimes I make it in the evening after my dinner FOR dessert! Yummers! Let me know if you make it and like it as much as I do:)


 I had a work lunch today with no control on the menu, which happened to be spaghetti and salad. I like to save as many points as I can for those meals where I don't know what will be served. So, for dinner I had this small, delish salad!
2 Handfuls of spinach
1 Morningstar Chicken Patty
1/4 c. low fat (not fat free!) shredded cheese
squirt of mustard and ketchup.
6 PointsPlus

If you've never had a burger-type salad, you seriously need to try one! All you need for a dressing is what you would put on a burger-mustard, mayo, ketchup-whatever! It doesn't sound great, but is actually really good!

For Dessert:

I just had 1 point left so I had a BIG apple sprinkled with cinnamon and some PB2 mixed with water for dipping. The apple was dripping with natural juiciness, the cinnamon gave it a satisfying heartiness and warmth to it, and the PB on the side was just plain fun and decadent tasting (although PB2 is only 1 point!!) Surprisingly yummy and satisfying dessert!

Now the workout:

A HARD Zumba tonight!

My hair ends were literally dripping sweat on the floor making my shoes slick and squeaky! I don't know what the deal was tonight, but I was sweating up EVEN MORE of a storm than I usually do!


My Zumba participants tonight (who so graciously posed for a sweaty pic!): Becky and Vanessa!
Becky and Vanessa are regulars at all of my classes and I appreciate them so much! They are both hard-core girls who LOVE to sweat-even though they look too cute in this pic!
Thanks for the pic, gals;)

In other news, my sis-in-law, Lyda, (B's sister) is moving to town tomorrow! She'll be living just a few blocks away! She's only 1 year younger than me and we're really alike in so many ways! Funny, my husband is very similar to my brother too-I think we are both sick in the head!;)

Welcome, Lyda!

Desserted Tip of the Day: A personal rest day is just as important as a workout day! Your body needs to take a break every once in awhile....as well as your mind and soul! When you take a rest day, really rest! Read a book; take a nap; soak in the tub; bake some low-fat, fruity, non-chocolate, soy cookies (That's what I do and then make my husband eat them:) Then the next day-GET AFTER IT IN THE GYM!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mandy for another great workout of dancing and fun! Great ideas on some food things to try, I am always looking for new healthy ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big oatmeal person, but that chocolate bowlful looks good!

    ReplyDelete