Friday, January 14, 2011

Ravenous Friday

Hello Beauties!

Today is Friday-YIPPEEEE! I've been in a Friday mentality all day. My brain says, "It's Friday, let's celebrate with a big pizza, DQ blizzard and a bottle of wine!" It's like I need an award for making it through another week! Although I've been a crazy carb and sweet craving maniac this week, I've tried to keep it in check! Along with my Mexicana dinner last night, I decided my smoothie wasn't enough this morning and enjoyed a cinnamon roll someone in the office brought:( The afternoon brought even MORE sweets craving and I caved and got a handful of Jelly Belly's (my absolute fav! And my office has them for free!). But even with my set backs this week, I've still managed to keep within my WW weekly points-thank goodness!

Do you get a "Friday mentality" and let your diet go? Or slip on another goal you are working on just because it's the weekend? (workouts, alcohol, cleaning, etc?)

I started the day with a new version of Green Goddess, a Green Monster inspired by Angela at Oh She Glows.

In an Eskimo Joe's cup;)


This one had:
1 cup of light vanilla soy milk
1 handful of fresh spinach
1 banana
2 T. of PB2 (or you can just use 1T. of peanut butter)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Ice

It was scrumptious;) Apparently not scrumptious enough for me to say "no" to a gooey cinnamon roll! Grrr....

Lunch was one of my purchases from the health food store I stopped at last weekend.


Amy's Organic Split Pea Soup. This was....pea-y, to say the least! But I like peas so it was ok to me-very thick and I definitely added some Fiesta seasoning from Tastefully Simple to give it a kick! The whole can was only 4 Pointsplus and I got 2 veggies out of it, but I don't know if I would buy it again....

Tonight I went to my husband's basketball game and brought a Larabar with me, the last one I own! I just popped a whole bag of popcorn (2 Pointsplus for the whole bag! Thanks Boy Scouts;)

I hate to admit it, but we still have some painting to do! Promise we'll get it done this weekend;) Good night everyone and happy weekend!

Desserted Tip of the Day: Cravings can be a dirty whore to your diet?!?! How do you deal with them? Try drinking a whole glass of water followed by something small and a healthier version of what you are craving: Sweet craving, try an apple; savory craving, try a slice of lunchmeat wrapped with low fat cheese; Salty craving, try a handful of nuts or whole wheat crackers. Then wait a half hour, if you are still hungry, eat one serving of what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment