Thursday, January 20, 2011

Burritos and Bands

Hey Friends!

Wow-it's been awhile! I'd like to say that I've been busy with something REALLY productive, but alas, Biggest Loser and American Idol have sucked me into their time-consuming webs! Two hours for a show-really?!?! I like watching some TV-but 2 hours a night is asking a little much! Plus, AI is on twice in one week-goodness! I feel some laziness coming in my future:)

I've been eating some really delicious and creative meals this week. That's something I'm so thankful for for this blog because it really forces me to get out of my comfortable meal box and try new things! I love it! Unfortunately, I think if I blogged about all of the delicious eats right now, it might take awhile! So here is a noteworthy lunch I had today (and to be honest, yesterday too! It's that good, folks!) plus a little fast meal tip!

Introducing the egg, bean and tomato burrito!


This thing is super big and filling! Let's get down to it!

Base
1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
1 can of crushed tomatoes
Add ins: garlic, green peppers, onions, seasoning salt, etc
This base can be made on a Sunday and can be used for 4 meals throughout the week: salads, burritos, omelets, pitas-it's delish! 3 PointsPlus

Burrito
1/4 of the bean/tomato base
1/2 cup of Egg Beaters
1 Light Laughing Cow cheese wedge
1 Light Flat Out Wrap
fat free sour cream, salsa, hot sauce

Start with cooking your egg beaters in a frying pan with a little bit of Pam or similar spray. When it's almost done, add in the bean/tomato base. While this is mixing and warming up, slather the cheese wedge on your wrap. Warm it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add the bean/tomato/egg mix on the wrap. Wrap up and plop some sour cream, salsa and hot sauce! Super filling and easy!

Whole Burrito: 7 PointsPlus



****



Me=Drowned Rat. After Zumba I was a sweaty mess tonight! I can't believe I'm showing this picture:)

As you can see in my picture, I'm wearing a head band. But not just any ole' band-it's a Sweaty Band! Have you heard of these, friends? I'm lucky in that the local clothing store in my lil' town sells these! I've been eyeing them for awhile and just recently purchased one-pretty pink! I'm going through an awkward short hair phase and need all the help I can get;)

Here's my review on Sweaty Bands:

Cons:
-They are TIGHT! They don't feel too bad when they are on, but getting them on is a chore-your hair will get ruined!
-They run about $15 for thin bands (which I have) and $17 for thick bands. That can be a bit much...BUT

Pros:
-They didn't ONCE move, budge, slip, slide at ALL during my hour Zumba tonight! Zumba is all over the place crazy and I've never experienced a band that didn't slip! It was so nice to focus on my workout instead of my dang hair!
-They come in soooo many different colors and styles! All are very cute! You could have one for each outfit
-They are for fashion too! You could easily mix these with your everyday outfits!

Overall, I would definitely recommend these! Check out their Web site or if you're in Beloit, Kansas-let me know and I'll hook a sista up:)

Have you tried Sweaty Bands? What is your review on them? Do you have a favorite workout brand or article of clothes to recommend when you workout?

Desserted Tip of the Day: Have you tried lifting weights, or resistance training? If you are stuck at a plateau, I challenge you to start pushing those muscles in a different way! If your workout is based on cardio alone, you are at risk of becoming "skinny fat": small but no muscle definition! I'll be back soon with a starter resistance workout that you can do at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment