Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sweet Potato Review

Hello All!

Today was a Tuesday. You know what's special about Tuesdays? Not a whole lot unfotunately....except I did have my fabulous Interval Extreme class! (It sounds hard with that "extreme" in it, doesn't it;) I had a great class tonight with about 10 people! I asked them if they wanted to participate in my "Sweaty Pic of the Day" on my blog-all of them declined....except VANESSA!


I look downright nasty compared to her! She did just say she wiped her sweat away-but I think she's this gorgeous all the time;) Thanks for braving my blog, Vanessa! Keep your sweaty pics coming! There is a prize to a random sweaty pic person! And here's a hint-it's colorful and you can wear it! More coming soon...

As I told you on my last post, I was getting ready to make sweet potato breakfast pudding from Tina's recipe over at Carrot 'n' Cakes. Verdict? Ho hum...I do think it would be great with a few tweaks though.
*Make sure you cook your sweet potato very well! I cooked mine "good enough" but it needs to be really soft!
*Add a little more milk than it calls for.
*Add more maple syrup or honey than it calls for.
*Get creative with toppings! I put chia seeds on mine but marshmallow fluff (not that I'm condoning that for breakfast!), walnuts/pecans, chocolate chips, baked apples-would all be divine!


Not the most appetizing of meals....maybe I shouldn't have picked a yellow bowl for a yellow food? Hmmmm.....


The recipe is a tad more time consuming than I would like for breakfast, but I made mine the night before and just popped it in the oven while I was getting ready. It really was perfect timing!

Overall, I would give this another shot with my various tweaks. If you try it, let me know! It is a very BIG, filling and healthy meal! 8 PointsPlus.

I'm getting ready to go to my husband's basketball game that he coaches-GO TROJANS! Yes, our town's high school mascot is the trojans.....

Desserted Tip of the Day: Is a quote! From the lovely Zuzana at bodyrock.tv: "If you get tired of starting over again, don't quit!"

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about photographing in a yellow bowl... washes everything out in a weird way! Thanks for visiting my blog, I look forward to reading more of yours! :D

    ReplyDelete