Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Hello Kiddos!

How was your New Year's eve? I hope whether you stayed at home to watch the ball drop in NYC or you went out and got crazy (I did the latter;), I hope it was a perfectly stellar evening!

We went to a local bar where a band was playing and danced the night away!


I'm dragging today.......pajamas until 4 pm, Food Network on the tube 24/7, naps on the couch-I would say it was a successful day;)

Now is the time to think of a resolution for 2011. I'm not big on the tradition. In fact, I don't think I've ever made one seriously! I try to be the best version of myself all year round (cheese it up!). But this year, I have two that I'm setting out for.

1. Lower Debt. Right after B and I got married, we took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, and boy, that was THE BEST THING we could have ever done! Before, we thought we were doing good with our money; We learned real fast we were so wrong in so many ways! We're actively putting all (or most) of our extra money into our debt. We've paid off thousands of dollars so far and we feel like we have a "purpose" with our money now!

2. Lower my carb intake. I'm no nutritrionist or health expert, but I literally read about it every day and love learning and researching it! And especially after doing P90X and learning about their eating requirements, it became pretty apparent to me that I was eating WAY too many carbs! I mean, EVERYTHING literally has carbs in it, not just bready things! So even if you don't eat any "bread-type" products throughout your day, you will get more than enough carbs! I hate that fact-dang it!! So I'm going to try to limit myself to one whole grain carb a day and I have to "earn" it by working out first. You should intake some carbs within 2 hours after a workout-so that's my goal! This will be a challenging one, but I think my body will thank me for it;)

And that's it, folks! I'd love to hear what your resolutions or goals are for 2011! I personally want to make this a very healthy and fitness-oriented year!

1 comment:

  1. I know I already told you mine, but since you posted here, so will I:
    211 workouts in 2011!
    :)
    Oh, and to go on a fun weekend with my BFF!

    ReplyDelete